Now back to our regularly scheduled programing....

Recently at school they had a week long celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday. Each day they had a different theme for how to dress...crazy sock day, funny hat day, etc. The last day was dress as your favorite character from a book. Here's our Harry Potter, year 1. Happily we were able to pull something together entirely from our dress up bin, without having to buy anything.

He has yet to see any of the movies, so I can honestly say it's a book character for him. He and Bruce are having an absolute blast reading the books together. Griffin is soooo happy about it, I know they are making memories he will cherish long into adulthood. They read a chapter a night so they are moving through them at a good pace...they will start the third book tonight.

After I put Lucy to bed I grab my laptop and head into the living room to play Mahjong for a few minutes to unwind...me, eavesdropping on Harry Potter, NOOOOO....well maybe...:)
After the series is over it will be my turn to read a series to him. I'm thinking Chronicles of Narnia?? I think he is still a titch young for The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, though they are definitely on our must read with him list. Anyone have any other series suggestions?

Comments

C. Michele said…
I loved the HP books.

The Eragon books are also pretty good. Although the newest one wasn't all that great.

There is a book called "The City of Ember" that I really enjoyed. I think they made a movie about it too.

What about "A Wrinkle in Time"---It is part of a long series, but I think the only one I ever read as a kid was "A Wrinkle in Time."

Sorry, I'm a bit of a Children's Lit Nerd :)
Katie Williams said…
I like to read Phoebe "The Littles" series.
Then you have the Lemony Snicket and the Unfortunate Events series.
A must read to all children is "The Witches".
I agree with you on the Narnia. Those were some of my favorites. I can still remember the way I felt when I read them. The world was at the tip of my fingers!
Christi Gast said…
Thanks for the great suggestions, ladies!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.