an explanation of sorts

Hey Friends!! Seems like it's been a bit since I've logged into the ol' blog here. We've had a bit of a tough week around here. Griffin's been sick, Lucy is not sleeping well and getting me up 4 or 5 times a night, having some car issues that are going to be EXPENSIVE to fix (terrible timing with the holiday's hot on our heels!), I have over-committed myself and have so many things to do/make that I am struggling to not feel constantly overwhelmed and Bruce has had to go into the hospital 3 nights this week which makes me miss my partner a ton. Top that all off with my step father being extremely scary ill and spending the week in the ICU, and it has been kind of a crap week. But you know, BLESSED is this LIFE! That is the mindset that I want and need to stay centered in - CELEBRATION of life. I have so much to be thankful for not least of all, it looks like my step-dad is turning the corner and going to make a recovery. Griffin will get better, all this overtime for Bruce will make the car repairs less stressful financially, I don't have a full time job so I can sneak a nap in from time to time and deal better when I do have to get up in the middle of the night and I will get most of my projects finished in a timely manner (and be more mindful when committing to projects in the future.) If you are struggling like me, I hope this song, this mantra "I will celebrate being alive", brings your spirits up too!

I am going to spend the weekend getting ready for my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving and sewingsewingsewing. We will once again fill our house up next week with the love of best friends not seen nearly enough and I will marinate in every moment of it! Hope you have a great weekend. Big Love to you all. Shanti.

Comments

MountainWave said…
Sending healing vibes to Griffin and your stepdad. Glad to hear things are looking better.

Good to play a little Brett Dennen in the background, foreground, playground of this day. Fantastic tune. It's one of my favorites.

Love you!
C. Michele said…
Something MUST be in the water. Every mom I have talked to this past week has the same story. Kids not sleeping well, getting up 100 times a night.

Maybe it is the time change. I get mad that it is dark early, too.
Christi Gast said…
Sara - thank you! I only know that song because you put it in a mix for me. LOVE YOU!
Cassie - I think you are onto something!! She skipped her nap yesterday and slept through the night! Sweet sweet uninterupted sleep.....ahhhhhhh
benadryl....just sayin' LOL

I don't think it's just the mamas struggling; I'm stressed beyond belief too! I've gotten to where I don't even look forward to the holiday season anymore. We just started paying my student loans and saving for an expensive move; this is also the time of year that Brandon's loads decrease and you know my salary! Things have to get better,right? I hope everyone gets well soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast