Check it out!!

You guys have got to check out this AMAZING TV series!! You have probably heard of the book series, and HBO now has a show of the same name, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. The series is really phenomenal and I am completely in love with it right now. The show has amazing music, costumes and story lines. And Jill Scott, wow, she is an amazing actress. So tough, so gorgeous, so sweet, so classy, so fun to watch. I love learning about Botswana, where the show takes place. The issues they explore are important, current and so interesting. I love seeing how this part of Africa is grappling with modern ideas and conveniences but still keeping their history and culture vibrant. I love that the main character is this powerful, strong, good, feminine, black woman - an image not shown nearly enough on TV these days! Wow, I just can't say enough good things about it. Rent it, netflix it, watch it, tell your friends about it. And then let me know what you think.

Comments

Jessica Amor said…
I've so been wanting to see this since I read the books! Good to hear that someone liked it (I haven't heard from anyone else that has seen it). I'll have to figure out a way to get my hands on it now!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.