Second Birthday Celebrations

We spent Friday doing anything Griffin wanted to do. We started with cinnamon rolls for breakfast (and scrambled eggs....I almost forgot the eggs and panic rose!), next a bike ride and an eternity (probably only a half hour) of bubbles in the back yard (he LOVES to chase and pop them). We came inside and he watched Madagascar 2 before having pizza and carrot sticks for lunch (I let him plan the menu for the day entirely). We played some games in the afternoon and then headed over to Fun4Kids (a indoor play scape, like a big hamster maze, for kids) where Bruce met up with us. We got home and I made what Griffin had requested for dinner - sausage pinwheels and dippy eggs. Boy, was he a happy camper. A few gifts before bath time....
and the rest after. Lucy had a couple presents to open from Grandpa and Grandma Gast which was an awesome way to distract her!
"Thanks for the motorcycle, little sister."
This one made everything else come to a screeching halt. I have no idea where this passion for Spider Man comes from!?!? Must be a genetically encoded guy thing. And since we had just had cake and ice cream the week before, Griffin requested that I make a fruit pizza. Now, I KNOW where that comes from! :) "I want some fruit pizza RIGHT NOW!!!!"
And one of the biggest hits of the night, a table top pinball game. Bruce and I were fighting over playing it the night before when Bruce got it out to "make sure it works" before I wrapped it! SO FUN!!

It was another great day for Griffin. A big 5 year old. His new privilege - he gets to sleep on the top bunk now!!

Comments

janine said…
I love the idea to let the birthday kid plan the ENTIRE day, menu and all! I think I will try that with all three kids this year (although the twins might need two days!).

My boys LOVE Spiderman, Power Rangers, Iron Man, Wolverine, all that stuff . . . and it's not like they watch it?! You're right, it must be encoded in them! ;) It's not even like my boys watch a lot of tv . . . only videos and PBS, but as soon as they see a picture of any of that stuff, they are in a trance! (like I said before, I think our boys would have so much fun playing together . . . I hope they get a chance sometime!).

Anyway, I hope "5" is a great year for Griffin! (and his entire family!).

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.