51 Weeks Old

Wow, a week away from being one. I can hardly believe it, but yet it feels like she has been part of me forever. She has started to wean herself off the breast. Mostly, this makes me so so happy. I am really ready to be done with it and I love that she is feeling the same way, that we are on the same page. A teeny tiny little part of me feels a little bit sad but I just tell that part to shut up and have a cocktail! :)

Griffin and Lucy are having a ton of fun playing together now. Griffin cracks her up like no other. They have the same laugh so when they really get going it is hard to hear where one starts and the other ends. She can be aggressive with him though. It is much more often Lucy who is stealing the toys or playing too rough (she loves to pull his hair). Griffin is struggling to navigate the sea of standing up for himself vs. being gentle with his sister. He is such a good brother.
It has been a beautiful week here, tons of the trees are blooming. This is Lucy's first time in the sandbox. Of course the first thing she did was stick that sandy shovel in her mouth..gotta learn somehow I guess.
**Sunshine Update***
She stood up on her own last night!!!!! Also, with Bruce carrying her outside and helping her to walk/stand she is now going potty outside again. It is amazing to see her coming back from the brink. Now we are all just really looking forward to that first walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast