G3 and Lucy "the finger" Gast

I saw an adorable sibling pose in a magazine that I thought I could replicate. It was tough to do alone and Lucy wasn't in the mood so I did not end up getting the shot. I did get a few interesting ones though.
In this picture you can clearly see "The Finger". Lucy has picky fingers! She will pick at anything; namely your eyes, lips and nose but also buttons, jewelry, clothes. She doesn't just pick but she also pinches with her tiny little nails. I try to keep them trimmed as low as I can but she can still hurt you - I have the marks to prove it. Not sure how to break this annoying habit... Bruce suggests teaching her how to finger strum the guitar and if that doesn't work, try mittens. She is so sensitive, a loud "NO" sends her into full meltdown mode, as does any loud noise I make as a substitute. Hoping this is a phase of tactile exploration that she grows out of!

I love to see the bond building between them. One of my main focuses is helping them create a fun relationship. I will not tolerate bickering, it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I am hoping by staying attentive to it so no bad habits form and encouraging positive interaction that we can build something special. This may be very naive of me, I will grant you that.
Griffin, being 4 years older, really takes his "big brother" position seriously and it is so sweet to watch. It has made me so very proud of him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.