Very First Day of School

My baby boy started school today. Sure doesn't look like a baby anymore, does he? Such a beautiful little boy.
When I left him at pre-school, he was happily playing in the "tool" center....not so happy when I pulled him away for a goodbye kiss. I had to run to the car, as the tears started flowing.
I know I've done terrific work with him and he is so so ready for this next challenge, but I am giving myself the space I need to feel this. I feel sad that he will be experiencing "firsts" with other people, I feel sad for me, I will miss his tender heart, easy smile and funny jokes in the morning. I feel excited, for all he will learn, all the new friends he will make, all the adventures he will go on. I feel happy for the quiet alone time I will be able to have with Lucy (and maybe sneak in a trip to the gym a couple days a week!!).
And...after all people, we are only talking about 3 hrs. 3 days a week this year!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
He looks great Christi. I hope he had a fun day yesterday and you got some good quality time with Lucy. School starts for my students in less then two weeks. I am sure I will also have crying parents. It is hard to see your little ones go off to school.
Love,
Jennifer
4cheeseheads said…
what a big day for the both of you. he looks proud in his first day of school photos.

school starts very early down there. jake starts on sept. 12. i'm trying to hang onto these last 4 weeks of scheduling freedom.

i'll need to bring a kleenex box with me when i drop him off as i'll probably fall to pieces when i get back to the car.

what did he say when we got home from his first day?
Anonymous said…
What a big boy now!!!! He will handle school like a pro and Lucy will love the one on one time with Mommy just like Griffin had. It doesn't get any easier with all of the "firsts" in their life. Jessica starts college on Sept. 3rd and I get a little choked up when I think about her starting the new chapter in her life.

Tell Griffin that D-no, Jessica and
I are very proud of him and cannot
wait to see all of the crafts and pictures he brings home to Momma and Papa.

Love you all....miss you more!

Gabriella

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.