Granny Love


My Mom left this morning....sniffle, sniffle. It was early when she left, but the gloomy mood stuck around all morning. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the last two weeks have been and how incredibly thankful I am that she was here to experience it all with us...but I will try.
Looking at my baby girl, I am filled with such awe and LOVE, I realize just how my Mom feels about me. It is an amazing realization to look at it from the other side. My Mom took this time with us to show her love in soooo many ways. She cooked, cleaned, took care of Griffin, ran errands, snuggled Lucy, nurtured me and Bruce, planted an herb garden and tons of pansy pots and just pitched in at every turn. She fit so easily into our home dynamic and lifestyle, it felt so natural to have her around. It was an amazing time to share thoughts and stories with her that are so difficult to fit into our normal phone conversations. I feel so happy to know her as a person and friend, and so so lucky that she is my Mom.

So thanks Mom, for who you are and how you love us, and for being such an amazing inspiration and light in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.