Well, Hello Friends! Sorry for the delay in posting...we've been busy down here in 'Tucky. Last week we were lucky enough to host 8 people 1 day, 6 people 3 days, 5 people 1 day and 3 people 3 days...all these days being in a row. We LOVED every minute of it (well, almost every minute...explanantion later.) We feel so lucky and so loved that our family would choose to make the trip to spend the holidays with us. Our new house seems to be built for this type of entertaining and everyone seemed to settle in quickly. It felt wonderful to wake up in our own bed on Christmas morning (something we have NEVER experienced together as we always traveled over the holidays previously.) I will post more pictures after I upload them.


Griffin enjoyed having all his favorite people around....poor Gran and MorMor, they don't get a moment of peace during Griff's waking hours. For those of you who haven't spent time around him, Griffin is a FOCUSED kid. When one of his favorite people are around he stalks them to the point of no return and no one else can shift his attention. Although we teased them when they were leaving that now there is no one around to watch Griff, we are seriously thankful to Gran and MorMor for the time and energy they consistently put into developing a close relationship with him. They never hurt Griffin's feelings, telling him to buzz off, which I can imagine is tempting at times. I can only imagine how exhausted they felt after 5 days here. They allowed Bruce and I to spend quality time with the other adults, something that we sorely miss living down here and which we are so thankful for.

Griffin also received the 3 big presents he had been begging for...a drum set, a guitar and the Hungry, Hungry Hippos game....the noise level has been cranked up a notch up in here!! Other big hits were a remote control bulldozer and a tool set complete with tool box. I think the "toy" he enjoyed the most though, was his cousin Alethia. He was so good at playing with her, we feel assured that he will be an awesome big brother this spring.
Bruce had to work the whole week, so I really enjoyed spending time with my sister Jessica who was able to stay an extra 4 days here with her family. Jessica and I spent a lot of time preparing for a monthly quilting club we have joined. I loved letting the creative juices flow again...it has been too long since I've made anything but food!! Playing with my neice also provided many extra special moments for me.
I alluded to some bad moments, most of which amount to the fall out from me "over doing" it a bit. I forgot to listen to my body and pushed it a little to far and experienced some pretty intense back pain over the holiday. Luckily, our guests all pitched in and made everything happen beautifully so I could rest a bit. They even forgave me my occasionally grumpy outbursts brought on by sleep deprivation and back pain (these pregnancy hormones can be so strong and hard to control from time to time...at least that is the excuse I am going with!) I saw the Dr. shortly after and the baby is still doing great. She thinks that the back pain is do to an overly stessed sciatic nerve along with some pulled muscles. I have strict orders to take it easy and rest whenever anything starts to hurt....duh Christi, get with the program lady!!
Well, now I've got the attention of my boy back and we've got lots of fun art projects to work on so I will log off now. We will be staying in for a quiet New Year's Eve as a family (hopefully Bruce will be home with us.... he is on call and may have to spend time at the hospital tonight if any partiers overdo it.) I wish you all a fun night surrounded by lovely peaceful, joyful people. I can't wait to see what blessings 2008 will bring us all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.