Soupy Sundays


For the last year or so, on cold Sunday afternoons I have been making up a big batch of homemade soup. It is a great comfort food, mostly healthy, usually inexpensive ingredients and they freeze beautifully. With Bruce home on Sundays I have the time to make my own broth and cut up tons of yummy fresh veggies. I am usually able to freeze a big batch to pass on to a friend or enjoy on a busy Sunday and still have some leftover for lunches during the week. This week was a creamy turkey/veggie soup using the Thanksgiving turkey carcass I had frozen. YUM!!!! Here is the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/After-Thanksgiving-Turkey-Soup/Detail.aspx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.