Please don't revoke my "feminist" membership card

I was changing Griffin's sheets before nap time today. I threw him a pillow and pillowcase and asked him to start working on it. He struggled with it for 20 seconds or so, dropped them both to the floor, looked at me and said, "This is a girl job, not a job for a boy."

WHAT?????? Of course, we don't speak like that, and no one we know speaks like that around him... are gender stereotypes that ingrained in our society that my 3.5 yr. old, who is being raised by 2 raging liberal parents, has already picked up on them?

And for the record, Bruce regularly changes pillowcases also.

Comments

4cheeseheads said…
You had me belly laughing after reading this post. Oh My Gosh!! Where did he come up with that?

I can imagine how floored you were to hear it. But it's also cute and funny (in a way), as the saying goes: kids say the darndest things....

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.