Back Online

Hey there friends. We are back up and running from Kentucky. First I have to say, I am developing a HUGE crush on the ol' bluegrass state. The area we have relocated to is gorgeous, rural and friendly...not much more we could ask for (well, besides a Trader Joe's close by, but now you know I'm dreamin'). I will try my best to entertain you with tails of the enormous bugs, the house with crazy water, and the neighbors that live up to every hillbilly stereotype that Jeff Foxworthy has ever uttered, in the coming days, but today, I want to reflect back on Michigan one more time.
I just have to say how lucky I feel to have had the relationships I've had over the past seven years that I've lived in Pontiac. You know who you are, and you will be missed deeply!!
We had many special nights before we moved but there are 2 I want to share with you. The first was a final night with the Webber Family at their new house.

Jake and Griffin have developed such a special connection at such a young age. It has been such a blessing to watch their friendship grow from barely acknowledging each other's existence to buddies in the truest sense.

I also feel like we've built a special connection with little Casey, as she always seems eager to interact with Bruce and I...so quick to share a smile and a giggle with us.

But, most of all, we will miss these kids parents, Chris and Chanley. Their friendship has been steady, generous and insightful and we will miss opportunities to socialize with them. We can't wait for them to come on down here for a visit!


Our last big night in Michigan was at a kick ass goodbye party that Dean and Gabriella Marino hosted in our honor. This was an incredible night of laughter, friendship, history, tears and plans for the future. Gabriella and I have bonded so tightly over the years as we dated a pair of best friends, planned our weddings together, shared in the joys and pains of parenting a teenager and a toddler, and although the red wine headaches lasted for days afterward, I will always miss our legendary "girl's night out"s ( or "in" as the Marino basement is the best place to spend any night.)

Bruce is a really lucky guy in that he still has strong friendships with the guys that he grew up with. They turned out to send him off with their blessings and good wishes for the future.

This part of Bruce's history, our history, will remain important, treasured and respected always. We are eager to see these friends soon as we continue to nurture these friendships.....now I'm all choked up............we love you guys!

Comments

4cheeseheads said…
thank you for the kind words. we treasure our friendship with all of you as well. being so far away will start to take a toll, but we are anticipating our visit to the bluegrass state. loved all the photos. you know you'll have to email me (at high res) those when you have a free moment. love to all! - chanley

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.