Lovin' my Dudes

So, here I am...back in the saddle, or the computer chair as it happens to be. Germany was absolutely fantastic. Getting to know my niece at such a tender time in her life was a gift I will never forget. Her passion, intensity and beauty is quite a thing to behold!



I spent so many precious moments holding and caring for her, taking pictures and capturing memories, and smelling her sweet sweet baby perfume. It was also a great opportunity to get to know my Brother-in-law, Anthony, better, have fun times and memories with my step-Father, Mark, and reconnect in a deep way with my Sister, Jessica. I actually took 486 pictures and a couple videos while I was gone so I will be posting a few of them over the next couple of weeks.





I will say though, it feels fantastic to be home. Although, it was great to have some time to only have to care for myself, I was so lonely for my guys it felt like a physical ache in my chest by the end of my trip. When our Suburu pulled up to pick us up from the airport I felt an instant lightness. As I opened up the back door of the car to greet Griffin I was treated with a huge smile, 2 eyes full of tears and a sobbing of relief. I instantly new my small son had been carrying around the same ache for days. As we held hands on the way home, Griffin and I giggled at each other, repeated how much we missed each other and caught up on some of our old jokes. I had tears in my eyes as he started to tell me how much he liked me..starting with my head "Mama, I like your hair." and finally ending at my feet, "Mama, I like your shoes!" When we got to our house it was finally time to reconnect with Bruce. I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say I was glad to be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.