A First for the Baby Book





It was a no-good, terrible, awful, hideous, very bad weekend. I felt like quiting...this Mama stuff almost got the best of me. I thought it was bad on Saturday morning after missing a night sleep because Griffin was up numerous times with a stomach virus but it just got worse...a lot worse.



Late Saturday morning Griffin was sitting on our bed watching a movie and suddenly just fell off the side. I don't know if he was trying to lay down or was groggy/dizzy or what but he screamed...loud! I knew right away he was hurt because he is a pretty tough kid and usually just "shakes it off" when he falls but this was different. As I was comforting him he relaxed and fell asleep and I thought maybe he just bruised himself but he woke up during his nap crying and telling me his shoulder hurt. I called the doctor and they told me to go to the E.R. Bruce was at his internship so he hit the road right away and we met up at the hospital. Luckily, the staff there was kind, quick and efficient and about 3 hours later were back home with a diagnosis of a greenstick fracture of the clavicle, and a tired sore little guy wearing a sling.


So, then Saturday night Griffin was up sick a couple of more times and none of us slept well even though we were all exhausted. Sunday, Bruce woke up not feeling well but he had a bunch of school stuff to do and by the time he got home that night he was really looking green. I had to run out right away to buy a new wardrobe of button down pj's and shirts. By Sunday night, we were all feeling ill. I felt the same way when I woke up on Monday and am just now starting to feel somewhat better. Yesterday was truly awful, trying to nurse myself and poor Griffin, ugh! Luckily, I got last night off from work and was able to rest a little. Today, it was Super Woman to the rescue!! My Mom came over and took care of Griffin for a few hours so I could take a much needed shower and get a few errands ran.



Today, Griffin is feeling much better and Mom even got him to eat some solid foods. We go see a orthopedic surgeon on Thursday to make sure nothing is seriously wrong with his shoulder and to find out how long he has to have restricted activity and wear the sling. Luckily, we have convinced him that his sling is a "backpack" just like Dora the Explorer always wears and he doesn't give us any trouble with it. So that is all for now. Keep us in your thoughts and send us healing energy!!!



Comments

4cheeseheads said…
OMG!!!
Poor little Griffin. I almost started crying reading this email thinking of all that you guys have been through the past few days with the virus and fracture. Yuck!
Wishing you good luck with the surgeon on Thursday, hoping all is well.
Is Griff in pain when he moves his shoulder? What must be difficult for him to sleep at night?
We are thinking of you and don't hesitate to call me ANYTIME if you need ANYTHING while you get through this.
Anonymous said…
Poor baby, and Mommy. So sorry to hear about Griffin. I am praying for you guys. Hope you all feel better quickly. Did you have a nice birthday in spite of it all?
Happy Birthday!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast