Well, on this overhyped day of 6/6/06, I feel as though we have a possessed soul living among us! It's official, there is no turning back, Griffin is a TERRIBLE TWO! I know, I know....I recently told a friend "I don't believe in the "terrible twos". That must just be bad parenting and no child of mine will ever act like that." Yeah, well, I was wrong!! All the symptoms are there.... the need to scream "MINE" and grasp to his chest anything that happens to definately not be his but be within his grabbing range; the ability to spin, wriggle and dodge any attempt on our part to manipulate his body, i.e. getting in/out of the bathtub, in/out of carseat, in/out of highchair; the absolute necessity that he sit down after breakfast each and every day to watch Elmo and his bunch of merry puppets or become a whining, shreaking beast complete with the gnashing of teeth. Yesterday, he focused all his energy in making sure every last grain of sand in his sand/water table found its way into the water side, his hair, the grass or poor Sunshine's fur. He consistently insists that the parent who is the busiest at the moment be the one who must hold him at that very moment, " upa, upa, Upa, Upa, UPA, UPA, UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And everyday I think to myself, how in the hell did I get lucky enough to be the parent of the best little guy in the world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Watch out world, here she comes! Lucy is a very sweet 16 today.