Funding cuts for NPR and PBS

I have contacted most everyone who is reading this blog about this very important issue. I feel that public T.V. and public radio are well deserving causes of federal monies. Right now Congress is debating cutting major funding from these programs. A friend of mine just sent me these links and I think they are really good material.
"First for info on the issue you can go to:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/
entertainment/jan-june97/arts_3-10.html
for a transcript of a debate containing almost all pertinent points. Second, here is a video of Mr Rogers in 1969 defending his program and the need for federal money for it. President nixon wanted to cut a 20 million dollar endowment for funding in half due to the high cost of the Vietnam war and Mr Rogers spoke to defend the need for federal money. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sd7TcVH670"
Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street were major educational opportunities for me as a child and I want them to continue to be available to my children...and your children.

Comments

MountainWave said…
Oh...wrong comment in the wrong place...the hugging friends are so beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Griffin is 19.

Dr. Seuss Party, Part 1 Decor and Food

Christina Lucia Gast